The Linux Perf Tool: New Features - Jiri Olsa & Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo, Red Hat
This presentation will give an overview and current development stateof several new perf features, like:
- Perf diff enhancements: describing newly added computation data comparison methods ratio, delta and weighted diff plus introducing multiple perf data file comparison
- Group leader sampling: Describing new way of getting group's samples
- Callchains DWARF unwind: Moving towards libdwarf
- Default precise event setup: Forcing precise event profiling whenever possible
- Interval stat plotting: The stat command can now print event deltas at regular time interval.
We will describe above features in detail and provide practical usage examples. In addition, this session will cover some 'want to have' features for the future, like: Event toggling event, Non-architectural events support the trace event library integration.
Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat
Founded Conectiva in 1995, a brazilian company that specialized in Linux services and published a Linux distribution. Contributed with the Linux kernel maintaining legacy protocols such as IPX, LLC, Appletalk. Refactored the TCP/IP stack to reuse non TCP specific parts with other transport protocols. Implemented the Linux DCCP stack. Created and maintains the dwarves tools, including pahole, a tool to help in optimizing data structures, used in... Read More →
Software Engineer, Red Hat Czech, s.r.o.
Jiri works for RedHat full time on Linux as kernel generalist engineer in Brno office, Czech Republic. He currently divides his work time between upstream perf work and maintaining RHEL perf.
Attendance numbers do not account for private attendees. Get there early!
Remove this from your schedule?
You may not be able to get back in if this is full.